See the following resources from Iowa State University Wildlife Extension & Outreach for answers to questions concerning wildlife in the garden, landscape or home.
Problem Wildlife. Click for information on common wildlife problems such as skunks, deer, groundhogs, bats and snakes.
- I've got bats using my house for a roost!
- Problem Birds Around Homes and Farmsteads
- What's digging burrows around my house or shed?
- There's something eating my crops. What is it and how do I control it?
- The wildlife are eating my garden!
- There's a mouse in my house!
- Pocket Gophers
- Rabbit Damage to Tree Plantings
- I smell a skunk!
- What are these animal tunnels on top of my yard after the snow melted?
- White-tailed Deer
- Wild Turkeys
Wildlife Contacts. This online resource provides a list of local experts to answer questions about wildlife in each county in Iowa. The searchable application indexes local professionals and organizations that can help with everything from orphaned animals, to bats in the attic, to forest restoration.