You are here
Ask a Gardening Question
Do You Have Gardening Questions?
There are several ways you can find an answer!
- Browse or Search the FAQs. With answers to over 2,000 frequently asked questions.
- Consult the Online Encyclopedia. Features in-depth information about Iowa garden plants, insects, and diseases.
- Search the Care and How-To Articles. Hundreds of in-depth articles that can be browsed by topic.
- View the Archive of News Articles. Thousands of current and past news articles covering a wide range of topics.
- Visit the Iowa State Extension Store. Featuring printed publications for purchase or as free downloadable PDF documents.
Still Need Help?
Your local county Extension office can provide even more information!
Master Gardeners or Extension Specialists are available in each county Extension office by email and/or phone.
- Polk County (including Des Moines, West Des Moines, Ankeny, Urbandale, Johnston, Altoona, Clive)
- Linn County (including Cedar Rapids, Marion)
- Scott County (including Davenport, Bettendorf)
- Johnson County (including Iowa City, Coralville, North Liberty)
- Black Hawk County (including Waterloo, Cedar Falls)
- Woodbury County (including Sioux City)
- Dallas County (including Waukee, West Des Moines, Urbandale, Clive, Grimes)
- Dubuque County (including Dubuque)
- Story County (including Ames)
- Pottawattamie County (including Council Bluffs)
- Warren County (including Indianola, Norwalk)
- Clinton County (including Clinton)
- Muscatine County (including Muscatine)
- Cerro Gordo County (including Mason City)
- Marshall County (including Marshalltown)
Got a Question About a Plant Disease or Insect?
The Plant and Insect Diagnostic Clinic provides diagnosis of plant problems (plant diseases and insect damage) and the identification of insects.
For trees and shrubs plant problems, consider submitting digital photos to the Plant and Insect Diagnostic Clinic, to determine if submitting a sample is recommended for testing. Priority is given to physical samples.