The ISU Research and Demonstration Farms and the Department of Horticulture will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Horticulture Research Station on Saturday, September 16 from 12:30 to 5:00 p.m. Events will include farm tours, apple demonstrations, kid’s games, and a special program hosted by Horticulture Department Chair Jeff Iles and Iowa Public Radio’s Charity Nebbe. The anniversary celebration is open and free to the public.
The Horticulture Research Station is located 6 miles north of Ames at 55519 170th Street Ames, Iowa 50010 (1.6 miles east of Highway 69). Directions: www.google.com/maps/
- 12:30 p.m. gates open
- 1–4:30 p.m. farmers' market and kids games
- 1–3 p.m. apple grading and produce washer demonstration by ISU’s Horticulture Club
- 1–3 p.m. farm tours lead by farm staff and grad students
- 3–3:45 p.m. program featuring Dr. Jeff Iles and IPR’s Charity Nebbe
- 3:45–5 p.m. apple grading and produce washer demonstration by ISU’s Horticulture Club
- 3:45–5 p.m. farm tours lead by farm staff and grad students
For more information contact Nick Howell at email@example.com or 515-232-4786
Links to this article are strongly encouraged, and this article may be republished without further permission if published as written and if credit is given to the author, Horticulture and Home Pest News, and Iowa State University Extension and Outreach. If this article is to be used in any other manner, permission from the author is required. This article was originally published on August 11, 2107. The information contained within may not be the most current and accurate depending on when it is accessed.