The frequency of plant samples slows down during the winter months, while the household insect identifications continue to trickle in. During this slow time, diagnosticians work hard to prepare for educational events and update our online resources and publications that can be downloaded free of change from the Extension Store.
Here are links to some recently updated publications that you might enjoy:
- Emerald Ash Borer Management Options
- Spanish Language version: Opciones de control del barrenador verde Esmeralda
- Scale Insects on Ornamental Landscape Plants
- Verticillium Wilt of Woody Plants
We will be giving presentations and or workshop in the following upcoming programs:
- Iowa Turfgrass Conference Jan 17- 19.
- Turfgrass Problems: A Year of PIDC Samples
- Iowa Society of Arboriculture Jan 19.
- 2016 Tree Troubles
- Iowa Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Jan 26 and 27
- Pumpkin Integrated Pest Management
- 2017 Shade Tree Short Course (STSC) February 21-23
- Workshop: Diagnosing Problems of Woody Plants
- Iowa Nursery and Landscape Association (INLA) at STSC
- PIDC Update
- Iowa Invasive Species Conference March 28-29
- Oak Wilt: A Delicate Diagnosis of an Imminent Spreading Disease
Links to this article are strongly encouraged, and this article may be republished without further permission if published as written and if credit is given to the author, Horticulture and Home Pest News, and Iowa State University Extension and Outreach. If this article is to be used in any other manner, permission from the author is required. This article was originally published on January 13, 2017. The information contained within may not be the most current and accurate depending on when it is accessed.