Each year Iowa State University Research and Demonstration Farms plant seven demonstration gardens around the state to showcase home vegetable gardening. Field days provide opportunity for gardeners to learn about year’s garden themes - donating produce to food banks and planting for pollinators.
Locations and dates are listed below. See the Iowa State University Extension and Outreach news release from May 26, 2016, for more information.
2016 Demonstration Garden Field Days
- July 19 at 6 p.m. Rock Rapids. Lyon County Fairgrounds, S. Tama Street and S. 5th Ave, Rock Rapids IA.
- July 28 at 6:30 p.m. Armstrong Memorial Research and Demonstration Farm. 53020 Hitchcock Ave., Lewis IA.
- August 2 at 6:30 p.m. Northern Research and Demonstration Farm. 310 S. Main Street, Kanawha IA.
- August 4 at 6:30 p.m. Horticulture Research Station. 55519 170th Street, Ames IA.
- August. 6 at 4 p.m. Northeast Research and Demonstration Farm. 3321 290th Street, Nashua IA.
- August 9 at 6:30 p.m. Muscatine Island Research and Demonstration Farm. 111 North Street, Fruitland IA.
- August 10 at 6:30 p.m. Southeast Research and Demonstration Farm. 3115 Louisa-Washington Road, Crawfordsville IA.
Links to this article are strongly encouraged, and this article may be republished without further permission if published as written and if credit is given to the author, Horticulture and Home Pest News, and Iowa State University Extension and Outreach. If this article is to be used in any other manner, permission from the author is required. This article was originally published on June 10, 2016. The information contained within may not be the most current and accurate depending on when it is accessed.