The US EPA has released five new consumer fact sheets about mosquito control insecticides. Topics covered include mosquito prevention techniques, the risks and benefits of pesticides used in mosquito control, and EPA's role in supporting state and local mosquito control programs.
The mosquito control fact sheets are:
- Questions and Answers: Pesticides and Mosquito Control
- For Your Information: Larvicides for Mosquito Control
- For Your Information: Synthetic Pyrethroids for Mosquito Control
- For Your Information: Naled for Mosquito Control
- For Your Information: Malathion for Mosquito Control
All documents are now available on EPA's web site .
This article originally appeared in the June 16, 2000 issue, p. 73.
Links to this article are strongly encouraged, and this article may be republished without further permission if published as written and if credit is given to the author, Horticulture and Home Pest News, and Iowa State University Extension and Outreach. If this article is to be used in any other manner, permission from the author is required. This article was originally published on June 16, 2000. The information contained within may not be the most current and accurate depending on when it is accessed.